- Cassia County School District 151
A MESSAGE FROM OUR SUPERINTENDENT
Dr. James Shank
Dear Cassia County School District Families,
As was shared with you several days ago, the school board made the difficult decision to close school in the midst of a public health crisis. This was not made lightly. Since that announcement, our instructional teams have been preparing for off-site and online learning experiences for our 5,600 students. Our custodial and maintenance support staff are also engaged in the work of repairing, cleaning high-touch, high-traffic areas of each school and bus. Food service workers are preparing meals for students in need, our technology department is making sure that our systems and equipment remain functional, and our clerical and business staff are working to ensure that there are no interruptions to basic services. Furthermore, during this period, the district office will remain open to ensure that the business of the district continues, questions are answered, and communications provided.
I would like to emphasize that the COVID-19 response from our national, state, and local leaders continues by the hour and we receive information that may or may not impact schools. We continually monitor the situation across our region and communicate with all of our neighboring school districts. As of this date, we do not have a staff member or student who has contracted the virus or has been asked to self-quarantine. Nevertheless, this could change and decisions will be made accordingly.
Thank you for your continued patience and support as we navigate these challenging times. Your health, welfare, and safety are our top priority.
NEWEST INFORMATION 3-18
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for unanswered questions
- Internet: We have learned that there are many local providers offering reduced cost to free internet service while students are at home. Please contact your local provider for exact details (PMT, ATC, etc). We can’t give enough praise for our local businesses that have stepped forward to help our students.
- Public Health: South Central Public Health District is now running two hotlines for information about COVID-19. One in English at 208-737-1138, and one in Spanish, at 208-737-5965. These hotlines are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday.
- Board Meeting: The Board will hold their regularly scheduled meeting Thursday, the 19th @ 7pm. This will be a condensed meeting to handle the most pressing items. We will broadcast this meeting online through the district Facebook page. We invite folks to view the meeting online.
4 We are working to keep all kinds of info available on our district website. Each school will be posting specific information for their schools on their sites too. Check both. All communication will be posted on the websites for your reference at any time.
- This team effort is demonstrating the cooperation of the community. THANK YOU!