Reasons to Join Track
- Nobody sits the bench and nobody loses… Running success is based on your effort and consistency, not dependant on the failure of others.
- You are not as good at other sports as you can be… Athletes who run improve their speed, strength, stamina, and injury prevention.
- Runners have a social life…
- We only practice on school days and practice ends promptly at 5:00pm, giving students plenty of time to do other things.
- Parts of practices and meets are a relaxed place to be with and make new friends.
- Runners have a quality life… You will build good habits that will make you happier, stronger, and healthier!
- Feb 28 Preseason meeting for all students interested in participating, 2:50pm in the JH Library
- Mar 9 First practice, physicals & pay to play fees are due: $35 1st sport; $10 2nd & 3rd sport, Free 4th sport
- Apr 3 First track meet @ Buhl
- See below for a complete calendar of all track activities
FeesStudents must pay their Pay to Play Sports fees to the office before they can attend practice. Fees for the junior high are $35 for the first sport, $10 for the second or third sport, and free for a fourth sport.
PhysicalsStudents must turn in a current physical to the office before they can attend practice. Blank physical forms can be accessed here.
Remind AppMr. Cole uses the Remind App to keep parents and athletes informed, especially in the event of last-minute changes, as well as to let you know what time the bus will return to the school after meets. The Remind app is also a good way for parents to excuse their students from practice. Please join the DJHS Boys Track group with either your phone or email.
- To get push notifications on your smartphone, open your web browser and go to rmd.at/djhstrack
- To join by text, text @djhstrack to 81010 (if that doesn't work, text @djhstrack to 208-514-2032)
- To sign up for email notifications, go to rmd.at/djhstrack on a desktop computer
MeetsRegular season meets usually begin with the field events at 3:00pm. At approximately 4:00pm the running events start. The order of running events is typically as follows: 1600 - 100 hurdles - 4x200 relay - 100 - 800 - 4x100 relay - 400 - medley relay - 200 - 4x400 relay.
- If you want to ride home from away track meets with your parent, your parent will need to sign you out on the sign-out sheet. Mrs. Matthews will have the sheet for the girls and Mr. Cole will have the sheet for the boys.
- If you want to ride home from away track meets with someone else's parent, your parent will need to complete the Parental Transportation Form and give it to the principal, Mr. Muir, before the bus departs Declo for the meet.
ResultsYou can see all of your results, anytime, at athletic.net. Just search for your name or our school.