What is FFA?
FFA is the largest, most active student organization in the United States. It is a national organization for students enrolled in agricultural education classes. All students enrolled in agricultural classes at Cassia High School are member of the FFA.
CHS ag classes include:
The mission of FFA is to make a positive different in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agricultural education.
- Small Animal Care
- Food Science
- Ag Physical Science
- Ag Biology
- Zoology/ Animal Science
- Botany/ Plant and Soil Science
- Botany/ Horticulture
- Environmental Science
What can I do in FFA?
FFA members can participate in many different events and activities throughout the calendar year. All events and activities help develop students as leaders and citizens and help further their knowledge of the agricultural industry.
Some FFA events and activities include:
- County, regional, or state fairs- members can exhibit livestock or other projects or participate in livestock judging contests
- Career Development Events (CDE's)- competitive events throughout the year that help students develop skills related to agricultural careers
- Leadership Development Events (LDE's)- competitive events that help students perfect their leadership, public speaking, and citizenship
- State and National FFA Conventions- annual gatherings of FFA members and advisors
- Social activities- Local, District, or State events where FFA members can connect with each other and learn how to network