Raft River Elementary
- We offer nutrition education to our students by giving them an assessment of their knowledge of good nutrition.
- Our lunchroom manager posts posters and bulletin boards that promote healthy eating and nutrition.
- We place fruits and vegetables where they are easy to access.
- We ensure students have access to hand-washing facilities prior to meals.
- We utilize an oral student survey, to improve the quality of the school meal programs.
- We advertise and promote nutritious foods and beverages on school grounds by providing fresh fruit and vegetables to students 4 days a week as long as our grant each year is accepted.
- We follow the district’s written nutrition standards for non-sold foods/beverages available on campus during school. (No homemade items can be used for Kindergarten snacks.)
- We follow the district’s Policy No. 771 to promote and encourage curriculum in grades K-12 that instruct and promote good nutrition and eating habits, along with time in the day for student PE and recess times.
- We operate the School Breakfast program before school every day.
- Our Food Service Staff attends professional development opportunities.
- They receive a certificate for this PD which can be accessed by our District Manager’s office.
- We have school staff who are CPR certified