I am excited to be at Burley High School! After over 30 years in education, I am still excited about learning and sharing new things with others. I hope to meet many of you in one of the business, graphics, or web design classes that I teach or through the Business Professionals of America (BPA) club. Maybe you would like to help run our Bobcat Printing business to learn more about entrepreneurship?I have a bachelor's degree from Utah State University and a Master's degree from the University of Idaho. I am the mother of three grown children who participated in business classes and BPA while in high school. They frequently tell me that their business classes and BPA experiences served them well as they went to college, and entered the workforce.Come talk to me about how the opportunities we offer in the Burley High Business Department can help you gain a competitive advantage for your future.
Classroom Supply Lists:
- Computer Applications: Folder to store papers, pen or pencil, *personal earbuds
- Graphic Design I: Folder to store papers, pen or pencil, *personal earbuds
- Graphic Design II: Folder to store papers, pen or pencil, *personal earbuds
- Web Design: Folder to store papers, pen or pencil, *personal earbuds
- Graphic Design, Printing, and Projects: Folder to store papers, pen or pencil, *personal earbuds
* Headphones are available in the classroom if you don't mind sharing headphones others have used.
Course Assignments & Information:Please check Google Classroom for all syllabi, assignment materials, and due dates.
Why Take Business Classes?
- Get a head start on your future. The BHS Business Department is participating in Adobe Create Idaho and Imagine Academy again this year.
- BHS students enrolled in business/technology courses will have one year of free access to all Adobe Creative Cloud programs and services from home devices as well as at school.
- Students who successfully complete at least one Adobe certification will have free access to all Adobe Creative Cloud programs for the remainder of their time at BHS even if they are not enrolled in related courses. See ACA Overview, email or come see Mrs. Cole for more information about the ACA exams.
- Students may also apply to receive 3 college credits from Lewis-Clark State College for every certification they receive.
The following ACA Exams have been cleared and certified with LCSC:
Visual Design using Photoshop - PS - PITPT129 (3 Credits)
Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator - AI PITPT 139 (3 Credits)
Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign - ID PITPT119 (3 Credits)
- Students enrolled in Business Computer Applications classes also have the opportunity to work toward Microsoft certifications. Click the following link for more information about Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification and how certification can help you level up.
- Students enrolled in Business Ownership/Entrepreneurship will have the opportunity to receive a Certiport ESB certification. See ESB Overview for more information.
Mrs. Janet Cole
(208) 878-6606 Ext. 2301
Current Schedule:1 - Prep2 - Graphic Design I3 - Web Design4 - Graphic Design II / Projects5 - Graphic Design, Printing & Projects6 - Graphic Design I7 - Business Computer Applications