Scholarships are very competitive but here are some tips to assist you in the process.
Apply for every scholarship for which you are eligible
Finish the application prior to the deadline
Have somebody proof-read the application before submitting it
Be sure to include all of your community service, leadership experience, and academic honors
This website will be updated regularly, but you can also receive email or text notices of scholarships and college events. Email Dan Bolingbroke at email@example.com to get those notices.
In addition to the scholarships posted here, you should do your own scholarship searches. Some well known websites are listed here:
The Alert Scholarship
You can help others become more alert by speaking out against the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse. All eligible high school seniors (see requirements below) may enter the Alert college scholarship essay contest. With each edition of Alert magazine, Golden West Publications awards a $500 college scholarship to the writer of the best drug and/or alcohol abuse-related essay that we receive for that state/region.
- You must currently be a senior in high school.
- Your high school must be located in one of the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington or Wyoming.
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- You must have plans to attend college after graduation (the college you will attend can be located in any state).
- Write an essay about a personal encounter you or someone you know has had with drug and/or alcohol abuse. In your essay explain how the situation was dealt with, what you learned from it, what others can learn from the experience, and what was right or wrong (in your opinion) about the way the incident or problem was handled. Scholarship essays are judged in the same way that essays written for a high school English class would be: thesis statement, supporting content, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Essays must be typed, double-spaced, and 650–800 words in length.
- Essays must include an official copy of your high school transcripts.
- Essays must also include a recent photo. Scholarship winners will have their picture reprinted in our magazine along with their winning essay, so please send a good quality color photo (no blurry printouts).
- No application is needed and there is no deadline, but you must meet the eligibility requirements and include all of the items listed above to be considered.
How to Apply:
Mail your essay, transcripts, photo, school name, and contact info (phone number, address,
and e-mail) to:
P.O. Box 4833
Boise, Idaho 83711
Note: All essays submitted are the sole property of Golden West Publications, LLC and are subject to editing for length and/or content. The writer of the winning essay will receive the $500 Alert Scholarship and have his or her essay and photo published in Alert magazine. Winning essays are also published on our website.
Still have questions? Check out the FAQs.
Mini-Cassia Soil and Water Conservation College Scholarship
The Soil & Water Conservation Districts provide college SCHOLARSHIPS to students majoring in Ag related fields. Applicants should apply for the scholarship where they reside. Applicants who have previously been awarded a scholarship will not be considered. This scholarship is to be used the fall term following receipt of award.
The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship for Women
QUARTERLY DEADLINES: January 1st — March 31 — June 30 — September 30
HIGH SCHOOL AWARD: New! $500 + Organic Beauty Basket (2 winners every quarter!)
Each day, the average woman applies more than 200 chemicals to her skin via her beauty routine and over 60% of those chemicals are absorbed directly into the blood stream. These chemicals include potentially cancer-causing chemical additives like parabens, mineral oils and other petrochemical byproducts, ethoxylated ingredients, phthalates, and sulfates (to name a few). Not only are we bombarded by potentially toxic chemicals in our beauty products, we’re also constantly exposed to questionable chemicals in our food, cleaning products, and medicines. Combine those facts with our modern high-stress lifestyles and the CDC’s estimation that 80% of American’s don’t get the recommended amount of exercise—-and you’ve got yourself a big wellness problem. At Skin Care Ox, we believe that true wellness is within our grasp–if we are mindful, aware, and active in making good decisions. We’re not alone. Today, more women are taking a closer look at the ingredients in their food and beauty products and making more informed choices. Additionally, yoga, meditation, and other alternative wellness therapies are more popular now than ever before.
Living a totally healthy lifestyle can be surprisingly challenging in our modern society—especially for college students! The Skin Care Ox: Beauty + Wellness Scholarship for Women program was established to provide financial support to college women who are striving to lead healthy lifestyles. To date, we’ve awarded over $12,000 to deserving health-conscious students from all over the country!
If you’re a female high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student who is committed to maintaining personal wellness, then this is the scholarship for you!
To be considered eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must meet the requirements below. The award is intended to help students who are enrolled (or plan to be enrolled) as undergraduate or graduate college students studying in the United States. The scholarship winner will be asked to provide proof of current/future college enrollment. Recent college graduates, high school juniors, and doctoral candidates are not eligible to apply.
Must be a graduating high school senior (in final semester) or current college undergraduate or graduate student studying at a 4-year, 2-year, vocational, or technical institution in the United States.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent legal resident
Must be a woman.
All majors are encouraged to apply.
All GPAs will be considered.
The Huggable Supermom Scholarship
Deadline: June 30th & December 31st
For the Huggable Supermom Scholarship, we focus on supporting single moms, children of single moms, or people whose lives have been impacted in positive ways by single moms.
Put simply, the Huggable Supermom Scholarship is a student scholarship designed to support single mothers and those who support them and benefit from their love.
To be ellgible for this scholarship, you must meet the requirements below. Please read the requirements carefully to ensure you meet ellgibilty before appying.
- Must be a graduating high school senior in your final semester who has been accepted to university or must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a 4-year, 2-year, vocational, or technical institution in the United States.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent legal resident.
- Must be a single mother, child of a single mother, or closely impacted by a single mother.
- All fields of study and GPAs will be considered.
How to Apply
To apply, submit an essay of 500-100 words, sharing your story based on the questions above. Applications will be reviewed with impact in mind. We're looking for applicants with tremendous passion and drive for big dreams, where winning the scholarship would bring them meaningfully closer to achieving their goals.
Visit the Link to Apply: The Huggable Supermom Scholarship Application
Outdoors Enthusiast Scholarship
Deadline: June 30th of every year
We at Elk Mountain Tents have experienced great joy and pleasure just being outside and enjoying all that nature has to offer.
We are looking to help out a stellar individual with an appreciation for the great outdoors who captures the adventurous spirit that has come to embody the Elk Mountain Tents brand. If that sounds like you, please apply! Or, if that sounds like someone you know, please share this opportunity with them!Applicants only need to answer two questions and there are no length requirements:
- What do you love about the great outdoors?
- Please describe your financial need and how you would use your scholarship funds.
Applicants must be registered for a college, university, or technical school for the Fall term immediately following being awarded the scholarship. Applicants must be a minimum of 16 years of age, have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, and share a love for the great outdoors!
James A. Dodge Memorial Scholarship
Deadline: July 31, 2021
Please complete the scholarship application form by clicking the link above. You’ll also need to submit 3 letters of recommendation which must be:
- On letterhead when applicable
- Written, signed and dated within the last 2 years
Mail those to: James A. Dodge Memorial Scholarship
1876 E Pegram St
Meridian, ID 83642
Idaho Community Foundation
Various scholarships and deadlines
ICF manages over 60 different scholarship funds – each customized according to the desires of the fund creator. Each has its own eligibility criteria, application requirements, and review process. Many have their own applications, deadlines, and eligibility requirements.
Apply online at http://www.idcomfdn.org/Scholarships