SICK LEAVE BENEFITS:
Hours equivalent to one (1) day for each month of service, or major portion thereof as projected for the employment year. Unused sick leave may accumulate from one year to the next. Sick leave will be allowed for personal illness. Upon recommendation of the principal it will also be allowed for death in the immediate family and for illness of members of the immediate family if no other member of the family is home to take care of such illness and care is required. Individuals over 16 years of age are presumed to not require care of which sick leave is allowed. Members of the immediate family have been defined to include spouse, brother, sister, parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, and other relatives who have spent a substantial amount of time in the employee’s home. Normally the in-laws of the previously listed relatives are included in the sick leave coverage.
One-half of the cash value of any unused sick leave days (unlimited maximum) may be used to pay insurance premiums upon retirement from the school district. Click here
for Policy 407.5 - Sick Leave for district employees.
SICK LEAVE BANK:
Employees may participate in the district’s sick leave bank by contributing a prescribed number of sick leave days as determined by the Sick Leave Bank committee. The Sick Leave Bank committee will grant days for personal illness upon approval of a written request. Open enrollment the first week in October annually. Click here
for Policy 483 - Sick Leave Bank for Classified Employees
Two (2) Days will be granted per year to nine (9) month employees
for personal use after one (1) year of employment. Accumulative to three (3) days. Click here
for Policy 478 - Personal Leave for Non-Certificated Employees
Three (3) days will be granted per year for the death of a family member with the relationship of the following degree: spouse, brother, sister, parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew. Normally the in-laws of the previously listed relatives are included in the Bereavement Leave coverage. (Also to include stepparents and stepchildren.) Click here
for Policy 479 - Bereavement Leave for Non-Certificated Employees
VACATION LEAVE OUTLINE:
Twelve (12) month employees1. Full time employee is defined as an employee who normally works 20 or more hours per work week.
2. Vacation days are allocated on a fiscal year July 1st through June 30th annually.
3. New employees with less than 12 months of full time employment will receive a pro-rated allocation based upon the number of months & days worked up to the beginning of the new fiscal year (July 1st).
4. On the following July 1, full time employees will receive two (2) weeks of vacation with pay after the first full year of employment.
5. Three (3) weeks of vacation with pay will be allocated after the seventh full year of continuous full time employment.
6. Each employee shall schedule his/her vacation time in advance; which has been approved by the proper supervisory personnel of the department or building(s) to which he/she is assigned.
7. Vacation may be used in ½ or full day increments only.
8. Vacation time may not accrue from one year to the next.
9. Upon separation from employment with the district, earned vacation pay may be allowed to the extent of the employee’s accrued and unused vacation days. Click here for Policy No 480 - Vacations for Non-Certificated Employees
Is defined as an instance where the employee is out of the classroom on approval of the administration. Such as: committee meetings, workshops, conferences, conventions, etc. Normally not to exceed five (5) days per year.
Is defined as an instance where the employee is out of the classroom but still supervising students. Such as: ball games, plays, field trips, graduation practice, etc. Normally not to exceed five (5) days per year.
Twelve (12) month custodians, maintenance staff and mechanics are entitled to (2) two days per year to be taken at their own discretion upon approval of their immediate supervisor. (Suggested dates are: (1) in conjunction with Christmas or Thanksgiving, and (2) during spring break.)
NO WORK/NO PAY:
Twelve (12) month Secretaries, Custodians & (Supervisors excluding: Technology & Maintenance) have two (2) No Work, No Pay days built into their work calendar annually. These days must be taken when no substitute is required and approved by the proper supervisory personnel.