2019-2020 SCHOOL DRESS CODE
III. SCHOOL DRESS CODE - Workplace/career dress highly encouraged
The dress code at Cassia is not meant as a punishment but as a way of helping students take pride in their appearance both in their personal lives and their professional lives. To that end, we require and encourage that all students are wearing clean clothing and that they follow appropriate personal grooming guidelines. The following is a set of rules for our school to assist with the professionalism of our school and students:
- School uniforms must be visible while students are inside the school building. Coats, non-CHS sweatshirts, and jackets are to be removed so that the uniform is visible.
- School shirts may be plain white, black, grey, with the school emblem, printed or embroidered.
- Shirts may be button up, t-shirt, or polo shirt style.
- Black, white, or grey. NO other colors allowed.
- Designs may be present on these shirts but should not be visible.
- Black Cassia High sweatshirt or dark grey/black coats and jackets allowed
- Colored brand logos about the size of a silver dollar are allowed
- Jeans allowed (any standard color, per teacher discretion); black or khaki pants/slacks allowed as well.
- No rips, tears, or high levels of wear on the pants - no skin showing
- No tight pants or leggings allowed, must be slacks or jeans
- Pants must be worn on waist – no underwear/shorts showing (nothing beneath the pants showing)
- Belts – no inappropriate symbols on belts or the buckles (blue and red as accents only)
- Red and blue are allowed on shoes as accents only! (NO red or blue shoelaces/socks)
- No slippers or open-toed shoes of any kind; this includes flipflops and slides.
- Gameday only (must provide a game schedule to the office – once a week limit)
- School appropriate pants must be worn with gameday attire.
- No symbols or colors identified as gang or drug-related
- No hats, bandanas, hoods or other head coverings are allowed in the building
- Lanyards can include red or blue as accents only if they are hanging out, otherwise keep them in the pocket.
- Tattoos displaying content or text that is offensive, gang-related or inappropriate must be covered while in school. Writing on skin or clothes with markers or ink is not allowed.
- No backpacks or purses. Drawstring bags allowed
- No fingerless gloves; no sharp or dangerous items (including piercings)
STUDENTS WITH DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS WILL BE REMOVED FROM CLASS UNTIL THE INFRACTION IS CORRECTED. TIME MISSED FROM CLASS BECAUSE OF A DRESS CODE VIOLATION WILL COUNT AS AN ABSENCE