Suicide Prevention Resources
Call 911 for an immediate emergency
Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline
Contact the Hotline if you or someone you know is in crisis or emotional distress. The Hotline is available 24/7, TEXT support is available Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to Midnight, but CHAT support is currently unavailable due to COVID-19.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
If you are thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, the Lifeline network is available 24/7 across the United States. It is available to everyone, is free, and is confidential.
Student CONNECT Program
Connect is a resource to help address a broad range of personal difficulties that may be causing distress. This benefit is free to any Cassia student grades K-12.
Free Online Reading Materials
The closure of our school libraries has made it difficult for students to access enough books, specifically fiction. The District Librarian has created a blog to provide information on free online reading materials.
Access the blog here: https://www.cassiaschools.org/Page/6638
Kindergarten Registration 2020-2021 School Year
Kindergarten registration has been scheduled for April 28th 8am-12pm.
UPDATED IMMUNIZATION RECORD
Spring Class & Individual Photos
Ryan Thomas Photography
March 11th - Wednesday @ 9AM
Ten Free Classic Christmas Stories
Original post by Tasha Swearingen
"In many families, Christmas traditions consist of gathering around the tree and reading the old classic Christmas stories. Christmas Eve is the perfect time to do this. Whether you like to read stories together for several nights in December or just one, we are certain you will enjoy reading these classic Christmas stories as a family!"
See the titles and stories here.
FAMILY STEM NIGHT
Family STEM night will be on Wednesday, November 20th at 5pm-7:30pm and will include PIZZA dinner and a prize drawing. 12 amazing community partners are traveling to Declo Elem to share STEM activities with our kids including the following:
- Zoo Idaho - Birds of Prey
- Idaho Museum of Natural History - Moon Landing Activities and Exhibit
- Glenn’s Ferry Middle School - Inflatable Planetarium
- Children’s Museum of the Magic Valley - Sound Waves, Human Body, Coding Exhibits
- Castle Rocks State Park - Wildlife and Geology
- National Weather Service - Science of Weather
- Spark After School - STEM Stations
- ISU Department of Technology - Drone Pilot Demonstration
- Mad Science - Rocket Launch
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation - Science of Water and Hydro-power
Student Flu Shots
The Health Department will be coming to our school on Oct. 9th @ 10am for student flu shots. A parent will need to be present to fill out paperwork and be there for the injections.
Social Media: The Dangers, Do's And Don'ts
The Rupert Police Department and Family Health Services are offering this presentation on the perils of Social Media for you and your children.
Topics will include how to protect yourself and your family from online predatory behavior, bullying, sexting, and more.
Students in grades 6-12 and their parents are invited. There is no cost to attend.
- October 7, 2019
- 6:30 PM
- Burley High School Little Theater
Registration Instructions (Please read through all instructions
August 7 from 7:30AM - 1:30PM
- Registration will be done online at home (anytime) or in school computer lab (during registration).
- Please wait until August 5th to attempt to register online.
- See the link for online registration on the left side of website under Quick Links. It will be available August 5th.
- Students currently enrolled in the district will use their 10 digit School ID# found in PowerSchool as the username and birthdate (MMDDYYYY) as the password to login.
- Students new to any school in the Cassia District will click on the new student registration button.
Share Your Talents At The Fair!
Cassia County Fair
August 12-17, 2019
Register for our Open Class Divisions beginning July 1, 2019. Divisions and rules can be found on our website starting July 1: Cassiacountyfair.com
Any questions - please feel free to call or text:
Open Class Coordinator
Kindergartgen Registration 2019-2020
Registration will be from 8am - 12pm in the Albion Elementary cafeteria
IF YOU STILL NEED TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR KINDERGARTEN PLEASE CONTACT:
Carie Brackenbury- 208-673-6653
Priscilla Matsen- 208-654-2391 or 208-654-9960
CJSD Budget Roadshow Coming to a School Near You!
CJSD Superintendent Dr. James Shank and Fiscal Manager Chris James will be hosting a budget roadshow starting March 19th. The presentations will be at 3:45pm. District staff and patrons are encouraged to attend. This is part of the district's strategic plan to provide more insight into school funding and to increase transparency and accountability.
Roadshow dates and location are:
- Tuesday March 19th at 3:45pm in the Burley High Little Theater
- Wednesday March 20th at 3:45pm at Declo High School
- Thursday April 4th at 3:45pm at Oakley High School
- Wednesday April 10th at 3:45pm at Raft River High School
Presentations should last approximately an hour, including time for questions. Download this flyer that contains more information.
Cassia School Bond Open House
There will be an open house at all Cassia County Schools on March 5, 2019 from 4:30pm until 6:30pm. Community members are invited into the schools to see and understand the building requests in the bond. Free hotdogs at the BHS parking lot & DES cafeteria.
DOWNLOAD OUR NEW APP
You're going to LOVE it!
Accessing our website and connecting to our schools just got a WHOLE LOT EASIER. We have a NEW APP! Search for "Cassia School District" or "CSD 151" and start the download!
Absences in PowerSchool
When excusing your child from school. Please remember to call the Declo Jr High 208-654-9960 for your child to be marked excused that same day. If not bring a note or other medical excuse so that your child will be marked correctly. All unexcused absences will be posed as an absence.
Box Tops for EducationMany of the products used during the holidays and our every day lives have the Box Tops for Education coupons. Please cut them out and save for our school.
Welcome to Albion Elementary
We are glad to have you here and a part of our wonderful community. Here is some helpful information to help you get acquainted with our school.
- Albion Elementary phone #: 208-673-6653
- Principal Scott Muir 208-654-9960 (He is also the principal for Declo Jr. High and works out of that location.)
- Bus Garage- 208-878-6622
- Marci Nebeker- 4th & 5th
- Jay Anderson & Jan Hartwell- 2nd & 3rd
- Carie Brackenbury- K & 1st
Typical day schedule
- School doors open at 8:00am
- Free Breakfast is served until 8:25am
- School begins at 8:25am
- Lunch is at 12:00pm
- School dismissed at 3:05pm
- Monday’s are early release at 2:05
We send students out for recess if it is over 20 degrees so please send them dressed for the weather.
1st-5th walk to the Albion Public Library on Friday. They need $1.00 for the annual fee (This is seperate from the yearly family rate for Saturday.)
Please come to the lunchroom door and ring the bell to enter the school. Students are not allowed to answer the door even for family.
Snow days: The district will send out a phone call and an email. However, facebook and the district website are usually the first place to have the info.
Ashlee Ward: Paraprofessional
Emeral Larson: Paraprofessional
Terrell Goringe: Speech and special education para.
Crystal Warrell: Cook
Leanna Cahoon: Custodian
Bruce Bristol: Bus Driver
Denise Clark: Counselor (Declo Elementary 208-654-2391)
Priscilla Matsen: Secretary