Free Online Reading Materials
The closure of our school libraries has made it difficult for students to access enough books, specifically fiction. The District Librarian has created a blog to provide information on free online reading materials.
Access the blog here: https://www.cassiaschools.org/Page/6638
Emergency Closure Drop Off/Pick Up
Beginning April 2nd, Burley High School homework drop off and pick up times will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. Drop off and pick up will only be at the front entrance to the school. A staff member will be at the school during this time to collect homework. Students and parents may not enter the building. Teachers will be providing more information about this to their students.
Resources for Students during School Closure
EBSCO is offering additional free resources through the soft closure of schools.
- Access to ebooks from Big Timber Media
- Chromebooks are available for checkout from the BHS Office for students who need them. You must complete the attached Technology Release Form and take the form to the BHS Office. Technology Release Form
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. Spanish Translation for Fee Internet Access from Charter
- Online academic research and learning databases which are FREE to Idaho residents. https://lili.org/ You may be required to enter a matching Idaho city and zip code.
- Grab and Go Breakfast & Lunch is free to students K-12 Starting Wed. March 18th.
- Feeling stressed? Connect Behavioral Health Program, free to all students K-12.
- CDC Site with information about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Congratulations, State Solo Qualifiers!
- McKenna Wells 1st Alternate
- Marissa Bodily 2nd Alternate
- Darby Koziol
- Shae Bench
- Aubrey Bowers
- Mikaeli Ringle, 1st Alternate
- Codi Linafelter
- Hailey Hepworth
- London Koziol, 1st Alternate
- Ian Goodwin
- Brayden Hollingsworth, 2nd Alternate
- Ben Hansen
- Hunter Gunderson
- Tyler Willes
Changes to District Breakfast Program
Cassia School District will continue to provide breakfast and lunch for any and all students HOWEVER, FREE breakfast will NO LONGER BE OFFERED to ALL students (K-12) at Cassia Schools. The breakfast and lunch programs are provided through federal programs and the ability to offer free meals is based on socioeconomic factors of the community. Improved economic conditions have changed our calculation in the federal programs and eliminated our eligibility.
The district will continue to offer healthy meals to any and all students during the day, but will return to the former system of collecting applications for free and reduced meals and only provide free or reduced meals to those students who qualify as determined by the application process.
All families, regardless of economic status, are encouraged to complete the application.
Changes impact all free breakfasts and lunches at Cassia High School.
Please see the documents below or contact your school for more information.
Idaho K-12 Report Card
The State Department of Education’s revamped K-12 Report Card is available online, providing a user-friendly way for parents, educators and others to access information about schools and districts throughout the state. Part of the state’s new accountability system, the new site provides information about multiple student performance indicators, offering context in addition to the data.
You can access the report card online at idahoschools.org.
Download Our New AppAccessing our website and connecting to our schools just got a WHOLE LOT EASIER. We have a NEW APP! Search for "Cassia School District" or "CSD 151" and start the download!
BHS School Events
April 18, 2020
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM Prom
April 20, 2020
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Golf Jerome Invite @ Canyon Springs GC Girls only
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Golf Jerome Invite @ Jerome CC
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Baseball vs Kimberly
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Tennis @ Pocatello
April 21, 2020
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Softball @ Buhl (2)
April 22, 2020
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Tennis vs Gooding
April 24, 2020
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Baseball vs Pocatello (2)
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Softball vs Pocatello (2)
April 25, 2020
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Drama Fundraiser
April 27, 2020