Congratulations Class of 2020
Urgent Care Sports Physicals Special August 2020
Urgent Care Clinic Manager Sean Christensen is excited to announce that a few local Urgent Cares are doing their Sports Physical Special again this year. The cost for a Sports Physical is only $10.00, and Urgent Care will donate the $10.00 back to each school's athletic department.
This year, due to the current Covid-19 situation, they have decided to only do this special in August, but with extended days. Instead of just doing this special for the first week of the month, they will be doing this Sports Physical Special the entire month of August! This will help students and their families and also our schools.
No appointments are necessary. Students can walk in anytime during regular clinic hours to receive this special. This will be at all three clinics: Urgent Care of Twin Falls, Urgent Care of Jerome, and Riverview Urgent Care in Burley.
Clinic hours from August 1st through August 31st are as follows:
- Twin Falls: Mon-Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Burley: Mon-Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Jerome: Mon-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Please share this information. If you have any questions, please contact Sean Christensen directly at: email@example.com.
Summer Job Opportunity
There are summer employment opportunities at the Rupert swimming pool. Applications are available now until May 1st on the City of Rupert website, under employment opportunities. They are looking for lifeguards and swimming instructors, in hopes that they are able to open.
Suicide Prevention Resources
Call 911 for an immediate emergency
Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline
Contact the Hotline if you or someone you know is in crisis or emotional distress. The Hotline is available 24/7, TEXT support is available Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to Midnight, but CHAT support is currently unavailable due to COVID-19.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
If you are thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, the Lifeline network is available 24/7 across the United States. It is available to everyone, is free, and is confidential.
Student CONNECT Program
Connect is a resource to help address a broad range of personal difficulties that may be causing distress. This benefit is free to any Cassia student grades K-12.
Free Online Reading Materials
The closure of our school libraries has made it difficult for students to access enough books, specifically fiction. The District Librarian has created a blog to provide information on free online reading materials.
Access the blog here: https://www.cassiaschools.org/Page/6638
Emergency Closure Drop Off/Pick Up
Beginning April 2nd, Burley High School homework drop off and pick up times will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. Drop off and pick up will only be at the front entrance to the school. A staff member will be at the school during this time to collect homework. Students and parents may not enter the building. Teachers will be providing more information about this to their students.
Resources for Students during School Closure
EBSCO is offering additional free resources through the soft closure of schools.
- Access to ebooks from Big Timber Media
- Chromebooks are available for checkout from the BHS Office for students who need them. You must complete the attached Technology Release Form and take the form to the BHS Office. Technology Release Form
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. Spanish Translation for Fee Internet Access from Charter
- Online academic research and learning databases which are FREE to Idaho residents. https://lili.org/ You may be required to enter a matching Idaho city and zip code.
- Grab and Go Breakfast & Lunch is free to students K-12 Starting Wed. March 18th.
- Feeling stressed? Connect Behavioral Health Program, free to all students K-12.
- CDC Site with information about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Congratulations, State Solo Qualifiers!
- McKenna Wells 1st Alternate
- Marissa Bodily 2nd Alternate
- Darby Koziol
- Shae Bench
- Aubrey Bowers
- Mikaeli Ringle, 1st Alternate
- Codi Linafelter
- Hailey Hepworth
- London Koziol, 1st Alternate
- Ian Goodwin
- Brayden Hollingsworth, 2nd Alternate
- Ben Hansen
- Hunter Gunderson
- Tyler Willes
Changes to District Breakfast Program
Cassia School District will continue to provide breakfast and lunch for any and all students HOWEVER, FREE breakfast will NO LONGER BE OFFERED to ALL students (K-12) at Cassia Schools. The breakfast and lunch programs are provided through federal programs and the ability to offer free meals is based on socioeconomic factors of the community. Improved economic conditions have changed our calculation in the federal programs and eliminated our eligibility.
The district will continue to offer healthy meals to any and all students during the day, but will return to the former system of collecting applications for free and reduced meals and only provide free or reduced meals to those students who qualify as determined by the application process.
All families, regardless of economic status, are encouraged to complete the application.
Changes impact all free breakfasts and lunches at Cassia High School.
Please see the documents below or contact your school for more information.
Idaho K-12 Report Card
The State Department of Education’s revamped K-12 Report Card is available online, providing a user-friendly way for parents, educators and others to access information about schools and districts throughout the state. Part of the state’s new accountability system, the new site provides information about multiple student performance indicators, offering context in addition to the data.
You can access the report card online at idahoschools.org.
Download Our New AppAccessing our website and connecting to our schools just got a WHOLE LOT EASIER. We have a NEW APP! Search for "Cassia School District" or "CSD 151" and start the download!